My ISA lost approx. £1.5k this week and my Invest account approx £500.
Bloom Energy was another small buy which I may add more to later. It provides a faster energy solution (fuel cells) than nuclear for data centres and the share price seems to be recovering.
I have also made a small investment (£380) into a cybersecurity ETF WCBR
I think that the potential of AI attacks will make cybersecurity very valuable. WCBR has gained 20% in the last 3 months but has dipped 6% from a recent 1 month high.War, Oil and Energy
The recent troubles in the Middle East has shown that oil/gas supply can easily be disrupted simply by attacking tankers and pipelines with cheap and effective drones. The price of oil has doubled and is likely to rise even more. The situation seems to be escalating with no signs of any negotiations.
I think this is going to be painful for the Iranian people, because they will have their infrastructure obliterated (no electricity, no potable water, no fuel) and all trade blocked in an attempt to force them to the negotiation table.
I can foresee both the West's defence industry and the nuclear industry benefitting from this woeful situation. I have a few defence and nuclear holdings in my portfolio, but I also think raw materials/minerals will be worth holding too. I also hold gold and silver miners.
Movers
HP (HPE) went up 19% this week (Dell 8.7% which I don't hold).
Solaris seems to also be doing well...
Vanguard FTSE Global All Cap VALL
There has been a lot of talk about the new Vanguard ETF VALL (acc.) and the distributing version VACD. These new all world ETFs have a low TER of 0.07% and it is a sampling ETF with a massive 10,000 holdings. The top holdings are similar to an MSCI Core World ETF such as HMWS which has a TER of 0.20% and just over 1200 holdings.The closest I could find to VALL/VACD was the Vanguard ESG fund V3AM which has 5,600 holdings.
Because of the large number of holdings in VALL, it has slightly less concentration in the Magnificent 7 and top 10 tech holdings than HMWS/SWDA or V3AM.
The main thing about VALL is that it has a very low TER (about 1/3rd lower) which is pretty amazing for an ETF with such a large number of different holdings.
Since V3AM has outperformed HMWS\SWDA slightly (it has a lower TER), I would assume that VALL will have a similar performance.
If you are after a low cost, all world ETF, VALL\VACD seems like a very good choice for a core holding in your portfolio and due to the low TER, seems to be a better choice than even my favourite core ETF HMWS.
However, TER is not the only consideration as we can see from the table below:
A value factor ETF such as IWVG has returned 50% in the last year despite it's higher TER of 0.25%.
Tip
Whilst researching companies, I came across Rosebank Industries ROSE. Even worst case, this seems to be forecast to go up 34% in the next 12 months with a possibility of over 1,200%Using 335p as the base (current price):
- Bear (450p): +34%
- Base (1,481p): +342%
- Bull (4,500p): +1,243%
So a rough 12-month range is +34% to +1,243%, with the consensus/base case around +342%.
I have put in a limit order @330p for £1000-worth and may buy more when it starts to climb.
No comments:
Post a Comment