Sunday, 13 September 2026

Looking for a growth ETF for H2 2026 and 2027 - Try IWVG

I already have large holdings in MSCI Core world class funds. In my Trading 212 ISA and GIA I also hold quite a bit of gold and metals miners and tech companies.

I am looking for a good global index fund which is not too heavily dependant on the US or on any one sector.

I eventually settled on the iShares Edge MSCI World Value Factor ETF IWVG (dist.). I had already bought this on July 21 2026 in my T212 GIA and it has since returned 16%. The accumulating version is IWFV (acc.). It has returned 50% in the last 12 months.



You can compare its performance on justeft.com here.

It is quite heavy on Micron at the moment as Micron is thought to be good value. I already hold a small percentage of my T212 portfolio in Micron - holding more will not hurt.


Although 30% Tech, the other 70% is in Finance, consumer cyclicals and other sectors. There are 400 holdings and apart from the first three (Micron, Cisco and Verizon) the rest are all below 2% in value and so there is a good spread with over 55% being in non-US companies.

Performance over 6 months, 1, 3 and 5 years has been very good and has beaten a World Core MSCI index such as SWDA or the S&P 500 or FTSE 100. TER is 0.25%. However, a lot of the gains may be due to Micron...


If the 13% holding in Micron does not put you off, IWVG/IWFV seems like a good ETF for the next 3-12 months if not a lot longer.

Top holdings in my T212 Invest (GIA)

My IRR is around 90% in the Invest account since I started it 30 months ago. I have already crystalised some gains (e.g. rebought Hynix) but here are my current top holdings.


Note: This is not investment advice, your circumstances will be different from mine. Do not blindly follow some random guy on the internet like me!

No comments:

Post a Comment