This week saw a drop in value of about £4k followed by recovery on Thursday/Friday. The drop was probably mostly due to the bond market and high Treasury yields but the good performance figures from Tech stocks this week from Oracle and Broadcom also helped. So I am up £2k from last week and about the same as two weeks ago. Overall, I am £53k up on my total deposits of £150k over a period of approx. 30 months. IRR on the two accounts is 89% (GIA) and 53% (ISA) - compared to an MSCI Core SWDA IRR over the same period of approx. 20%.
Changes this week
As a results I now have just £1k in my ISA and £6.5k cash in my GIA.
Winners and Losers
Tokyo Electron and Corning were bought after seeing several articles tipping them and they looked a good buy to me too. Simply Wall Street showed them as having good health and good future value. A few days after purchasing the shares, they both fell about 20% in value! Once again, I fell into the trap of a pump and dump! I was aware of this possibility but decided that they were good value anyway. I will just have to hold these for a while now.
Buying server companies like HP and Lenovo (I regret not buying Dell too, but thought it quite highly priced at the time at around $499 and it's now $522) turned out to be a good decision.
Gold, Silver and Copper
| ETF Name | Ticker | Expense Ratio (TER) | Structure | 1-Year Return | Key Feature / Value Case |
|---|---|---|---|---|---|
COPG | 0.55% | Physical Equity (39 holdings) | 86.12% | Best for High-Beta Equity Growth: Diversified across major global miners, capturing operational upside when copper prices rise. | |
MINE | 0.55% | Physical Equity (43 holdings) | 85.21% | Best Core Equity Exposure: Backed by BlackRock liquidity (£428M AUM), holding 43 broad global copper miners. | |
COPP | 0.59% | Physical Equity (40 holdings) | 78.60% | Targeted Pure-Play: Focuses strictly on pure-play copper miners, but has a higher TER (0.59%) and smaller liquidity (£93M AUM). | |
COPA | 0.49% | Synthetic Futures (Swap) | 41.31% | Best Direct Metal Price Exposure: Tracks copper futures directly rather than stocks. Lower cost (0.49% TER) and highest liquidity (£1,540M AUM). |
No comments:
Post a Comment