This week saw a drop in value of about £4k followed by recovery on Thursday/Friday. The drop was probably mostly due to the bond market and high Treasury yields but the good performance figures from Tech stocks this week from Oracle and Broadcom.
Changes this week
I have bought some rare earth stocks this week...
As a results I now have just £1k in my ISA and £6.5k cash in my GIA.
Winners and Losers
I have tried to reduce my Tech holdings and now I am left with some losers in my two accounts:
In my ISA, I have...
Tokyo Electron and Corning were bought after seeing several articles tipping them and they looked a good buy to me too. Simply Wall Street showed them as having good health and future value. A few days after purchasing the shares, they both fell about 20% in value! Once again, I fell into the trap of a pump and dump! I was aware of this possibility but decided that they were good value anyway. I will just have to hold these for a while now.
I am happy to hold the rest of the current losers except for UUUU, Oklo and Sofi. I already have a larger holding of Sofi (255 shares @ 18.22) which have a book loss of approx. £3k if I sold now, so I am looking to sell my T212 holding worth approx. £500. No doubt the price will rocket as soon as I sell them - lol! Energy Fuels UUUU was another nuclear play that is a long-term bet.
As for Oklo, there has been significant insider selling and it does not look profitable for at least three years.
I really don't want to take a £3k loss on this, especially as it is my ISA and I cannot use this as a deductable CGT tax loss. I will just have to wait for good news and then sell to make less of a loss.
My Top Winners by value are mostly miners and Tech...
Buying server companies like HP and Lenovo (I regret not buying Dell too, but thought it quite highly priced at the time at around $499 and it's now $522) turned out to be a good decision.
I think Korea and Hynix/Samsung still have a way to go, so will continue to hold these.
Gold, Silver and Copper
I am looking to increase my copper holdings but cannot find any good value companies or ETFs at present - prices seem quite high...
| ETF Name | Ticker | Expense Ratio (TER) | Structure | 1-Year Return | Key Feature / Value Case |
|---|---|---|---|---|---|
COPG | 0.55% | Physical Equity (39 holdings) | 86.12% | Best for High-Beta Equity Growth: Diversified across major global miners, capturing operational upside when copper prices rise. | |
MINE | 0.55% | Physical Equity (43 holdings) | 85.21% | Best Core Equity Exposure: Backed by BlackRock liquidity (£428M AUM), holding 43 broad global copper miners. | |
COPP | 0.59% | Physical Equity (40 holdings) | 78.60% | Targeted Pure-Play: Focuses strictly on pure-play copper miners, but has a higher TER (0.59%) and smaller liquidity (£93M AUM). | |
COPA | 0.49% | Synthetic Futures (Swap) | 41.31% | Best Direct Metal Price Exposure: Tracks copper futures directly rather than stocks. Lower cost (0.49% TER) and highest liquidity (£1,540M AUM). |
I am looking at buying MINE and/or COPG but they are both accumulating ETFs and so I must buy these within my ISA and not my GIA...
No comments:
Post a Comment