Monday, 21 September 2026

Stock tips I am buying this week (and they all begin with A)! 2026-09-21

I have put in for some limit orders on three of the following US stocks today and I am also watching Moderna closely too but not yet buying at the current price...


For research I used the free stock list app HelloStocks.ai (S&P only) and SimplyWallStreet for the first three A stocks. I picked them for value, future growth and health. Moderna is my own (very risky) pick.




Moderna was NOT identified by HelloStocks...


The first three (all beginning with A coincidentally) are thus my sensible picks for growth within one year. They all seem to have been undervalued for quite a while. These three thus have good value, have good health and good future prospects.

I already hold about £4k of AMAT but I will be topping up this week if when my limit order goes through.

Moderna is my own risky and volatile pick - it had a large jump of 145% in August but I am looking for a dip before I buy in.

Here is the chart of these four stocks using my new free trend tool...


I identified these from HelloStocks as good value - here is the complete chart of HelloStocks S&P 500 picks plotted in my trend chart tool after quickly adding them to a new portfolio group...

Period is 1 year


My Moderna pick

Moderna stock surged more than 8% on Friday, extending one of the wildest stretches in large-cap biotech after investors continued to reprice the company around its experimental personalized cancer vaccine. Shares were trading around $148.13 at 11:45 a.m. ET, up $11.51 from the previous close, according to Seeking Alpha, but the latest move came without a new major clinical announcement. Instead, the stock is still digesting the shockwave from Moderna and Merck’s landmark August Phase 3 melanoma results, which transformed the investment case almost overnight and sent traders scrambling to decide how much of a future oncology franchise should already be reflected in Moderna’s valuation.

That distinction matters because Friday’s 8% gain is not the beginning of the story. It is a continuation of a much larger repricing that started on August 19, when Moderna and Merck said their individualized mRNA therapy intismeran autogene, used alongside Merck’s Keytruda, met the primary endpoint of recurrence-free survival and a key secondary endpoint measuring distant metastasis-free survival in a large Phase 3 melanoma study. The announcement marked the first positive Phase 3 trial for an individualized neoantigen therapy and the first late-stage success for an mRNA-based cancer treatment, an achievement that pushed Moderna shares sharply higher and added tens of billions of dollars to the company’s market value.

Other drug companies

CEO & Executive Director recently bought UK£7.3m worth of stock

On the 14th of September, Pascal Claude Soriot bought around 60k shares on-market at roughly UK£121 per share. This transaction amounted to 17% of their direct individual holding at the time of the trade.
  • This was the largest purchase by an insider in the last 3 months.
  • This was Pascal Claude's only on-market trade for the last 12 months.
Another drug company I am watching closely is AstraZeneca AZN which has had a large director buy recently and future price growth is expected. Note this also begins with A !!!


I already hold shares in Eli Lily LLY.



Best stock to buy this week?

According to SimplyWallStreet, Broadcom AVGO has a super-strong, almost perfect rating and is good value too...


I already hold £3.5k of this stock and may top up this week too.


Purely incidentally, AVGO also begins with A!


P.S. MRVL seem marvelous just now and I may buy more. I have set a stop loss just in case it dips though though...




WARNING: Please do your own research - these stocks are just ones I am buying or watching - they may not be suitable for you. Drug company stocks are extremely risky.

Subscribe for more posts and ideas! My T212 IRR is over 80% (GIA) and 45% (ISA) over a period of 30 months (£150k DCA'd over 30 months - currently at £200k value). That may be mostly due to luck in a bull market! I have over 20 years of investing experience and  have made £millions in gains in investments so far (I have investments in other broker accounts too). My philosophy is to mainly invest in steady global ETFs but I like to 'play' for higher gains with my £200k T212 portfolios. My risk level in my T212 account may not be your risk level!

No comments:

Post a Comment