This version uses the new grub4dos 0.4.6a grldr version just released by chenall\yaya today and fixes the bug for the partnew command. Unless anyone reports any problems, this version will be released as the new 'official' v1.62 version in a few days. Please update your E2B drives and try it.
OneDrive download area
Google Drive download area
P.S. There is a new MPI Tool Pack download available - this just adds support for Acronis True Image .imgPTN files and allows you to boot a 'registered' version as well as the free\demo version.
Changes and additions since v1.61
- New grub4dos versions 0.4.6a (default) and 0.4.5c
- Revised Spanish language files
- Patches for silent grub4dos startup in SampleMyE2B.cfg added.
- \_ISO\docs\E2B Utilities .txt and .mnu maker cmd batch files updated (can now add a test for 32 or 64-bit CPUs).
- grab.g4b utility added (can copy screen text to a text file - used for reporting issues).
- CRC feature - if you hold down the Left-CTRL key (think 'Ctrl=CRC') whilst selecting a payload file (not a .mnu file) and keep it held down for a few seconds after pressing ENTER to boot to the payload file, E2B will calculate and display the CRC32 value of the file before it runs the payload file. For instance, if an ISO file does not seem to boot correctly, you can find it's CRC32 value and compare it with the CRC32 value of the original file. Note that this feature only works with files that run using QRUN.g4b - so this CRC32 feature does not work with .mnu menu entries and Windows Install ISOs in the \_ISO\WINDOWS\xx folders.
- Run ISOBOOT - If you hold down a SHIFT key whilst selecting a (linux) ISO file (think 'Shift to isoboot') and keep it held down for a few seconds after pressing ENTER to boot to the payload file, E2B will run it using only isoboot.g4b - in this way you can test out the E2B isoboot feature even if your ISO file is contiguous. Note that isoboot is a 'last resort' attempt to boot a non-contiguous linux ISO - it probably won't work for old or non-standard linux ISOs and quite a few others too!
- Monthly PIN code - use the MyE2B.cfg file to request a 4-digit pin number from the user before it will load the E2B Main menu. The PIN code required automatically changes every month, so you will need to tell the users the new PIN code each month. A small Windows utility (see below) can be provided which displays the monthly PIN numbers. The seed value can be changed so that your E2B version will have a unique set of PIN numbers.
- WinContig added to E2B USB drive - just double-click on \MAKE_THIS_DRIVE_CONTIGUOUS.cmd to make all files on the USB drive contiguous - no need for RMPrepUSB.
- XP Winnt.sif ISOs - patches "oempreinstall=yes" line in winnt.sif file so that E2B can install some XP versions (e.g. Micro XP Pro 1.11b.iso).
- File extensions are now not shown in menus by default (only their file names). Can be overridden in MyE2B.cfg.
- Improved error messages in QRUN, etc.
File extension support
- suffixes pwd, 64 and 32 supported - e.g. Ubuntu.iso64 will only appear in the menu on a 64-bit system. MsDaRT8.isope01pwd will ask for a password before you can run it
- MyE2B.cfg file can contain menupwd setting to specify a different password needed to run any payload file from the menu that ends in pwd - e.g. XYZ.isopwd.
- .dmg, .dmgHFS and .HFSptn for Hackintosh installer images - e.g. Yosemite-Zone.dmg supported (MBR boot)
- .isomacpup file extension added for macpuppy ISOs
- .haiku Haiku anyboot image support
- Parted magic ISO support added
- If using 0.4.6a, the ISO files do not need to be contiguous if using ISOBOOT.
New sample .mnu files
- Parted Magic + persistence mnu file
- Arcabit mnu file
- Fix for knoppix boot from non-contiguous ISO file in isoboot.g4b
- macpup sample .mnu file added for saving sessions on exit
- True partition Hide/Unhide sample menu file added.